Topped with Cashews, Dried Cranberries and Balsamic Glaze
Two main ingredients for this recipe are Fennel and Tofu
I love eating plant based and I love creating and sharing quick, easy, healthy and tasty plant-based recipes.
Fennel is a great staple to have in the kitchen. It is a good alternative to lettuce when you want a salad but are tired of always eating lettuce. Here is a fennel salad recipe I shared preciously on my blog. You can also cook fennel, stove top, which I did for this recipe, or you can grill it, or bake it.
For this recipe, I pan-fried the fennel
1/2 fennel bulb – cross section(obviously wash it first)
1/4 block of extra firm tofu, cubed (I prefer organic and non GMO)
Garlic or regular salt to taste
1 T Curry spice(I probably used more on my recipe because I really like curry)
1 T dried cranberries
1-2 Tbs olive oil
1 T lightly roasted cashew pieces
- Halve the fennel bulb, cross section, then slice the half into thin slices, so they will cook quickly on the stove top
- Sprinkle on both sides the slices of fennel with curry spice and garlic salt(or salt if you prefer)
- Coat a non-stick pan with 1/2 of olive oil(about 1T),
- Heat the pan at around medium for about 1-2 minutes
- Place the fennel slices in the pan and let them cook for about 4 minutes on each side. The slices will become translucent, keep flipping and cooking until they start to brown some.
- While the fennel is cooking, cube the tofu, sprinkle the cubes with the remaining curry and salt.
- Toss the cubes in the pan once the fennel has a brown look to it
- Cook the tofu with the fennel. Keep turning the tofu until all sides are cooked
- Remove the fennel and tofu from the pan and put it on a dinner plate
- Toss in the dried cranberries and cashews. Cook them for another minute or so, tossing them to keep from burning.
- Remove the cranberries and cashes from the pan and top the fennel and tofu with them
- Drizzle your favorite balsamic vinegar or glaze on top
And voila you are ready to enjoy your delicious and nutritious, plant-based meal.
Let me know what you think or if you made any substitutions.