I’m a little behind on my December gratitude posts. I could use the excuse that life got busy, but mostly I’ve just been enjoying life. But I’m back and I have a lot to be grateful for today.
What I am grateful for today is I got to visit my daughter at Kent State University, where she is a senior. It’s amazing how when you start expressing gratitude for one thing, you are able to unpack so many other reasons to be grateful.
For example from the statement “I am grateful I got to visit my daughter today” all these other expressions of gratitude started pouring out:
- I am grateful she is a senior in college. This means she has done well, stayed the course and will be graduating on time.
- The university is only an one hour and forty-five minutes away from home, which makes it easy to go visit her when she misses us and vice versa.
- I’m grateful that I have a reliable car to get me there and back.
- I am thankful that I can afford the gas and tolls to visit my daughter.
- I am grateful that each time I visit my daughter it is special mother-daughter bonding time.
- I am grateful that I work part-time and have weekends free to go visit my daughter.
- I am thankful that my daughter and I enjoy a nice lunch and relaxing a coffee in a quaint college town.
- I love short road trips, so visiting my daughter is like a mini, day-cation.
- I get listen to my favorite podcasts or an audio book If I’m doing the trip solo.
Have you done your daily gratitude practice yet? If not, what are you grateful for today?