Need a quick and easy vegan/plant-based recipe to keep you fueled and healthy while you’re shut in? This Vegan/Plant-based Bruschetta will not disappoint!
I’m always looking for quick, easy, delicious and nutritious vegan/plant-based meals to come up with on the fly. This one I put together just by looking through my fridge and pantry.
I have to say I was very pleased with the outcome and it is quick and easy to make. If you have younger kids, let them help you assemble the sandwich.
I know white bread isn’t the healthiest but cut me some slack 😉, I don’t eat it often and it is one of my favorite treats, especially if it is a fresh baguette or Italian bread.
Here’s what you need to make it:
Toasted Italian bread – I used 2 slices (serving size one, thank you very much)
Italian dipping oil(this is my recipe, but you can create your own if you choose)
- olive oil(about 1 tsp per serving)
- Italian herbs(as much as you like, probably 1 tsp)
- garlic salt(to your liking) I like the coarse salt
Roasted red peppers and cherry tomatoes
Roasted and salted pistachio(store bought already roasted, salted and shelled)
This is how you prep and assemble it
- Lightly coat the sliced bread with the dipping oil mix
- Toast the bread slices and roast the veggies together in a toaster oven or oven; I set the oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit
- Once the toast is crispy and the veggies are roasted to your desired texture, spread a layer of your favorite hummus on the bread and top it off with the roasted peppers, tomatoes and pistachios.