Organic Blueberry Arugula Salad with Garlic Salt and Fig Balsamic Vinegar
This is one of my favorite salads. It’s beautiful, bursting with flavors and it is packed with phytonutrients! This salad is light, energizing and also low in calories; not to mention it packs 18% of your daily fiber, 17% of your calcium and 40% of your vitamin A.
Always a big hit at parties!!
I’ve made this salad for my book club, family gatherings or for a pot luck. People expect me to bring a salad since they know I live a plant-based lifestyle. This is always a big hit!
I often add other berries to make the salad more colorful, but for this post, I had only blueberries in stock.
Throw in some fresh basil too for an added delight to your palate!
Worried there isn’t enough fat or protein in your salad? Top the salad with pistachios. They go nicely with this salad.
- 1 cup of arugula per person(if this is your main dish)
- Blueberries(I used a handful)
- Garlic salt to taste
- Fig balsamic vinegar(drizzle to your own taste)
- Chopped basil if you want to more flavor
- Choose your bowl or plate, depending on your serving(s) size.
- Fill the bowl with freshly washed arugula
- Sprinkle the garlic salt
- Add the blueberries
- Drizzle the vinegar
- Gently toss
Leave a Reply