Perfect way to start your morning – a plant-based/vegan breakfast
This delicious, healthy, quick to make, inexpensive, plant-based/vegan breakfast was how I started off my day this morning. It was delicious! I felt like I was eating a peach cobbler without all the unhealhty sugar and fat.
It was the perfect way to fuel my morning walk with my friend. It kept me going for several hours.
Not only is this a healhty breakfast option, it is low in calories, heart-healthy and virtually fat-free. So if you are trying to get your weight under control and establish healthy eating habits, this is a perfect meal option for you!!
- Handful or 3/4 cup of uncooked oatmeal
- A fresh, organic peach, washed, cut into small pieces
- A dash of cinnamon
- Filtered water
- Your choice of milk that is non-dairy. I chose unsweetened almond milk for mine
You can cook the oatmeal, or eat it raw. I cooked mine today, but often I will eat it raw.
Preparation – cook time 5 minutes
- Wash, dry and cut fruit
- Place oatmeal in a microwave-safe bowl
- cover the oatmeal with filtered water
- sprinkle desired amount of cinnamon
- cook in microwave for 1 minute
- top off oatmeal with peaches and your non-dairy milk preference