Healthy Recipes for Family Reunion
Getting ready for a family reunion. All my siblings except for one who lives in Maine are coming. Three of us are vegetarian; and two of us fluctuate between vegetarian/vegan. I had a bunch of zucchini and eggplants fresh from my mother-in-law's garden that I needed to use up so I made these lovely dishes.
- Eggplant Parmesan Bake: recipe is from LayersofHappiness.com)and a
- Vegan Zucchini Banana Bread: loosely based off of this Earth Balance recipe.
Here is what the Eggplant Parmesan Bake looked like before I put. It in the oven.
Just popped this in the oven. Have to say that everything was delicious as I prepared it, so I can only imagine how wonderful it will taste when it is done baking.
Here are the finished zucchini, banana nut muffins.
I added chocolate chips and pecan pieces to some of the muffins. The ones with chocolate chips are vegetarian. Here is the Earth Balance Recipe just in case you missed the link above.
Just a few notes: I altered the recipe, mainly based off of what I had in my pantry. You can still follow the actual recipe, I'm sure it's fine. I just wanted to use up my zucchini. Here is my altered add ins:
- 3 cups of flour(1 1/2 cups almond flour and 1 1/2 cups pastry flour)
- 3 bananas
- 1 1/2 c zucchini and
- about 1/4 cup of oat milk,
- 1 1/2 tsp of baking soda and
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder., 1 cup raw sugar and 6 packets of monk fruit sweetener.
I also added pecans and chocolate chips to some of the muffins. I kinda made it by feel.
They turned out delicious!
Can't wait to serve these dishes up to my family.