Another delicious, low-calorie, vegetarian dish by Monte Parker.
Spaghetti squash is one of my favorite foods–so healthy and so easy to master. I use this as a healthier substitute for pasta. 1 cup of pasta can be 220 calories, compared to 1 cup of spaghetti squash which is 42 calories. Spaghetti squash is low in carbs and high in water content. Definitely a delicious and healthy alternative to real spaghetti.
I made a spaghetti squash recipe, topped with vodka sauce and sauteed mushrooms. Here is how it all went down:
- Preheat oven at 375 degrees Fahrenheit. Cut the spaghetti squash in half
- Scoop out the seeds and pulp with a spoon
- Slather with a tbsp oil per each half, season with salt and pepper
- Bake in oven at 375 degrees Fahrenheit for 40 minutes
- When the spaghetti squash only has 20 minutes left to bake, put minced garlic and a tbsp of oil in a pan on medium heat…
View original post 103 more words